Selenium is a popular open source web based test automation tool. This online course is a step by step guide to learn Selenium Concepts.
You all must be wondering that why Selenium is in demand? Why Selenium professional enjoys the perks of a good salary? Moreover, it is important to know the reasons attached to learn Selenium. All these questions are genuine and can pop up in anybody’s mind.
If you don't know Java than don't worry that you need to learn complete java. Only OOPS concepts and basic Java coding Skills are sufficient:
Install Java / Eclipse
Java First Program
While & Do-While Loop
Else If Statement
Class and Objects
Handling Date picker
Automation is not just about Selenium but Framework of Automation. This is very important if your are learning first automation tool and it learning time will be decreasing for your next automation tool. Topic here includes:
Running Test in Batch
TestNG Prioritization & dependsOnMethod
Generating XSLT Reports
TestNG Parallel Execution
Advantages to learn Selenium:
- First things first, Selenium is an Open Source Software.
- Secondly, Selenium supports various programming languages to write programs
- Subsequently, Selenium supports various operating systems (including MS Windows, Linux, Macintosh, etc)
- In addition, Selenium supports various Browsers (like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari, etc)
- Moreover, Selenium supports Parallel Test Execution.
- Lastly, Selenium uses fewer Hardware resources.
Selenium Career Opportunities:
- Firstly, Automation Test Lead
- Senior Test Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Selenium Automation Analyst
- Last but not the least, QA Engineer
Learning time depends person to person and practice time being given.